Monday, July 23, 2007

"Patience, My child."

I am currently cooped up in my room, with a bad cold, and a paper to finish that is due MANANA. It's hard for me to be enthusiastic about finishing up school, because all I want to do is learn about photography--lighting rules, special tricks-of-the-trade, etc. But I have to remember that life is a series of stages. The Lord has put me here in College Station. My purpose right now is to finish up the great education that I have had the opportunity to achieve. Does this mean I enjoy school? NO. I've never been much for college.

I am called to obey the Word though, and it tells me to be diligent with what is in front of me. Galations 6:9: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Maybe this photography business is not what God has in store for me in the future, but for now I feel confirmation that pursuing it is what I need to do (while balancing studying & papers). It is quickly becoming my passion- and I can't say I've felt that way about another job. No matter what will happen, I just thank the Lord for the here-and-now. The opportunity to express creativity and hopefully catch a small glimpse of the almighty Creator He is. You can see it through the 3/4 inch flower that has beautiful details on each petals and in the smiling face of a couple who is transforming from two to ONE. These are the parts of life I love to capture.

For now, I must be patient. Listening to the calling of the Father to light my path. For I know that nothing good comes of my flesh. My dreams will only flourish if they are placed in the hands of the Spirit.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Sometimes all God wants of us is to be still and not just focus on what WE want and how WE plan to get it on OUR terms. Discipline in the spirit should be an excitement and not a chore, and patience is one of God's biggest teaching tools. God will bless the things he so chooses and who are we to try and make our own paths? I certainly don't want to be the one "putting his foot down" to the creator of the universe... great insite on trusting in the Lord Rachel, I'm blessed to have you!

Rachel Brooke said...

I'm blessed to have you! Sometimes I get caught up dancing in the clouds and become oblivious to reality. Thanks for kindly placing me back on earth.