Friday, August 24, 2007

Mars Meets Earth

This is a bit out of left field, but incase you are like me and don't watch the news I thought I'd inform you of what my hilarious roommate kindly let me know last night in an e-mail. Photographers, bust out your cameras for this once in a lifetime event!

"Apparently it is an urban legend that Mars is expected have a close encounter with our planet Earth on August 27, the 239th day of the year, at aroPublish Postund 12:30 AM. The wobble of Mars orbit supposedly will bring the two planets closer together than they have ever been in thousands of years. Scientists have deemed this event as one "no one alive will ever see again" as the Red Planet is proposed to be the size of our moon.

Two FULL MOONS people. Two FULL MOONS. How can we not capitalize on this ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE?

Here is what I propose: we are going to have a small gathering of friends and dogs united at our house. We will begin the evenings festivities with watching "Mars Attacks," "Mission to Mars," "Apollo 13", "Armageddon," or simply Discovery Channel. I might even steal "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and dress as Diana Troy. I'm just saying...We will then have a meal consisting of solely space food. They make some pretty damn-delicious icecream, no trickin'. Here is the kicker: everyone MUST dress as their interpretation of a martian. Macey will be fully dressed like a creepy space invader or Mr. Spoc.

I figure we could have some beer also. And sparkling grape juice. =) I fully intend on researching alien beer. There is BOUND to be some cheesy website that makes that junk. OR OOOO...ooooo....GREEN spiked KOOLAID. Aliens LOVE KOOLAID.

I think we might also need to play 42 or something. And every time we win a hand, the winner get to make galatic space noises. I might even try to see if I can locate a light-saber...
Give me opinions. No one answered my phone calls tonight.

Hope life is beautiful where you are,
kay"

No comments: