Monday, August 27, 2007

The Right Time

I was frantic as a I searched through old drawers - hastily shuffling through notes kept from 7th grade, a rusty pair of scissors, and whatever else hides in the drawers of a pack-rat. Bible study was coming up, it was my turn to lead and I just had to have my paper. I was so prepared with the comfort of the paper, without it, I had to just free-style. I prayed and prayed that God would help me to locate the short-novel I had written over Esther. His answer: You don't need it yet.

Almost exactly a year later, my brother was clumsily searching through those same old drawers, when he pulled out a notepad and out fell the pages. His answer: NOW you need it.

God knew that it was necessary for me to remember Esther at this point in my life. Thanks to His perfect timing, today I am restored as I read how God translated to me the story of a woman of courage. A courage I lack but have been desperately seeking. A woman with love for her people, a pure heart, and a soul dripping with the desire to obey the Lord's will.

No comments: