Monday, October 15, 2007

Double Rings May Mean "Cha-Ching"

These past few months I have felt my heart slowly leaning more toward portrait photography rather then weddings. Although I do have a few upcoming weddings this next year that I'm excited about, I have decided to take a different route. Mostly because I love the innocence and free-spirited nature of children. The chance to spend time working with them and their loving parents excites me more than any other field of work. I also love seniors. Several years ago, I too was one, and getting ready for my senior pictures was a blast! I wanted the photograph to be valid evidence that I had changed, that I was really beginning to spread my wings.

Just thought you guys would appreciate the update and it explains why the "wedding" gallery on my page has gone MIA. A while back I sought some advice from the incredibly talented Asher of Eden Photography, and she only helped confirmed my joy for working with younger adults and children! Check her out, you guys will be amazed and inspired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Rachel! It is so important, especially in this business, to follow your heart! I think with your eye, and your passion, you'll do just fine!! Watch out Audrey Woulard!! :) Congrats for setting out a game plan!

Eden Photography said...

You are so sweet! I am very impressed by your work-keep on shooting what you love the most!