Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Must-Hear

Matt and I missed a conference in early August called Relationship Rx. It was in Houston and Les Parrot, Gary Smalley, and other writers/preachers were speaking. Since we missed it, Matt bought the Cd set. And let me tell you, it was nothing short of extraordinary. I have sort of been hogging them and listening to them when I drive from College Station to Houston. It's completely okay that my fellow road-travelers think I'm a crazy emotional woman when they see tears streaming down my cheeks.

I needed a wake-up call, a cold glass of water splashed on my sleepy heart. God just grabbed me a shook me around a bit to get the message to me that life goes beyond my little shell. To invest in the lives of others, I first have to stop constantly thinking about my own. Relationships are the greatest chance we get to practice God's love. He shows us how to be slow to anger and quick to listen, have patience when we want to scream, and how to love without fear. I will soon be thrown (happily launched, of course) into a world where I am a part of a man's everyday life. My prayer is that I compliment Matthew, through encouragement, support, and self-sacrificial love.

Unfortunately, you cannot purchase it online, but you can call 713-365-2317. Thats the Second Baptist Bookstore, they said they can send it to you!

1 comment:

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

Marriage is so wonderful Rachel. Being in a Godly man's world is a terrific (and often very funny) world to love! I don't even know you and I am super excited for you both to experience grace, patience, humility, humor, and superb love...on a whole new level :)

Oh, and I'm from North Houston. :)