Sunday, March 2, 2008

A New Start

Beginnings are always scary... new jobs, new relationships, new towns. They all force you to face the unknown. You're entering a territory that may not be comfortable. Today I caught myself complaining about my new starts, then it hit me -- at least I have one.

Some people don't even get the chance to experience newness. Maybe because circumstances in their lives that keep them from being able to experience change, so they are forced to stand in idle. Change has heightened my sense of self-awareness. It has allowed me to find courage through starting over with my business, and it has given me appreciation for the things that DO remain timeless and true: my faith, family, and sweet husband.

So next time I find myself standing on start and rolling my eyes because I can't even see the finish line - I'll remember, at least I'm moving.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket


***These were taken with the new camera! We went scouting for some spots yesterday and we found some killer new locations downtown to take our clients!

23 comments:

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

These look great! You are about to begin a new love affair, so tell Matt to watch out! :)

Sublime Studios said...

The color really pops in all of your shots... Great Job!

Sublime Studios said...

The color really pops in all of your shots... Great Job!

kymberli q. said...

Ah... you're beautiful, Rachel! And your hubby's not too bad either! :)- Great images!

Kenzie Shores Photography said...

the page and YOU look great! :)
kz

Anonymous said...

I love your new page! and you are so beautiful! :)
~Ashley

Anonymous said...

go girl! you'll love the new purchase!!

Unknown said...

Oooh I love these shots. The colors just stand out. I also love the color connection in the first shot with the door frame and the tank top. Cute!

And can I say I just LOVE your blog's design. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Rachel.. these shots of you are gorgeous!! Congrats on the new camera.. I'm sure you're loving it! Oh.. I see that you posted a message on my blog.. but, I couldn't see the message :-( Have a great day!

Faye Sommer said...

CONGRATS on the new 5d. I've had mine for 6 months now and don't know how I survived on the 20d for so long. :)

Faye Sommer said...

CONGRATS on the new 5d. I've had mine for 6 months now and don't know how I survived on the 20d for so long. :)

Faye Sommer said...

Okay seriously....I wasn't impatient this time.

ARGGGG!

Rachel Brooke said...

maybe my blog likes what you say SO much that it has to say it TWICE.

:)

Ruby Rideout said...

Girl!!! Love your new header, it's killer! You and your hubby are adorable.
Congrats on the new 5d. Isn't it marvelous? Your color in the images are ba-dam!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE these downtown shots! And HELLO - YOU are gorgeous!

Kat said...

Congrats on the new camera! New changes and a gr8 attitude about the whole process. :) That Rocks!
I am excited to see what will be in your future, I imagine it will be full of goodness! Congrats!

jenny said...

i found you through the pioneer woman's site (in the comments)! you do beautiful work with your photography! i can't wait to see what you can do with your new 5d! have fun!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the 5D! These shots are lovely... Have fun with your new baby!

Kara Pennington Photography said...

Oh my goodness!! LOVE the new header - you look gorgeous! :)

.E. said...

whats the new camera? awesome results..and girl you look fabulous.. I love the locations you found. New beginningsarealways scary butworth it for certian

Natalie Renee said...

Amazing... you get me all excited about photography. I hope one day I can take classes on all that, I've always been fascinated by photos! Hope to see you guys next weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love that blue door! really awesome

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

awesome awesome awesome shots of you guys! i really love that shot of you and that killer door!!