Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Little Birds

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The birds flickered in, taking turns enjoying their colorful buffet of birdseed. Watching animals calms my mind, it is solely a therapeutic experience. The birds do not fret and get their feathers in a tiff trying to think of where they will find their next meal, worrying about whether their little speckled eggs are getting the warmth they need inside the twig-spun nest, or even if they will sing the right tune to attract a suitable mate. They just live. Why can’t we share this same trusting spirit?

Lord, I want to trust in Your promise to provide. Mold my heart into one filled with reliance and peace. Free me from the traps of self-guilt and idleness that the evil one sets before me.

Your ways are perfect.

Your will is pure.

You are the melody that my heart longs to sing.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I never realized you could learn so much from our feathered friends but it just goes to show the wonders that surround us from EVERY aspect of nature. Pretty mind boggling!