Sunday, November 11, 2007

They Don't Call It A Shower For Nothing

The terminology wedding shower has been a bit strange to me. The bride doesn't run through a sprinkler or get an ice bucket dumped on her head, so why shower? After my first one today, I no longer ask why. You get completely DRENCHED with generous gifts! Matt and I signed over the official wedding contract with the Villa di Felicita this morning then headed over to our Wedding Shower. It was an eventful day! I am definitely not one to love the spotlight, but today was different. When you are in a room filled with people who are here to celebrate love, suddenly it's not really about just ME, its about the force of two hearts joining and all the wonderful blessings that dance along behind it.

So today, I was wrong. (Please don't copy and paste that and use it against me!) I thought I didn't want a wedding shower, but now I am thankful we had one! There wasn't even one cheek-pinch. :)

Here are some pictures with the point and shoot camera:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great shots.. and I am glad you enjoyed your shower.. its nice that your fiance was involved too.. I Think that makes it even more special.

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

Aww, you guys are so cute! Is that your mom in the first photo with you? She's beautiful! Patrick and I are getting married next Autumn, and I've been saying all along that it takes TWO PEOPLE to get married, so my wedding shower better be co-ed! Haha.

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

I love your new blog header, you are so gorgeous! Hey, who is shooting your wedding???? ;-)