Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Update: College Life Over.

Do you ever find yourself dreaming of that finish line constantly and when you finally feel it break on your tired ribs, a beautiful feeling of both sweetness and sadness flushes over you?

The race you had trained so hard for has now come to an end. Yes, you successfully endured every minute. Yes, there is a powerful release that the destination was worth the journey. Following the feelings of accomplishments can also be a feeling of "ok, now what?"

I'm working on my last final EVER. I've waited for this moment and I pictured I might do a victory dance down the streets or at least let out a zealous squeal. Much to my amusement, none of this has occurred. I'm instead encompassed by reflections of my college life, sweet friends who have lightened the load along the way and filled me with both laughter and tears, and the endless lessons God has taught me with each passing step.

My dreams have taken the following:
--a psychologist in training
--an environmental designer
--a sonogram technician
--a sign language translator
--a photographer
All these is just 3.5 years!

I'm feeling the release of the closing one chapter and opening another as a "Mrs." I hope that in 3.5 years I can look back and reflect on growth and memories with those I cherish with a grateful heart and humbled spirit.

9 comments:

annakate elizabeth davis said...

very well written and I can't imagine the emotions you are going through. Good luck to you and keep God first and He will guide you to where you need to go. I wish you the best on your upcoming marriage and I can't wait to see images from your wedding.
~steph

Kristin said...

You are officially done with college!!! Welcome to the real world, it's not so bad, I promise!
And thanks for the phone call the other night- it mean alot. Stay calm in the next few weeks and I'll see you in 17 days!

Anonymous said...

The journey you've just completed, as well as the one you are about to embark on are certainly experiences like no other. Ending college is emotional and I often reflect on that time in my life as well; it is a time that helps define us. You should be so proud of your accomplishments and of the beautiful insight that you have on life. Congratulations and Cheers to a new journey of discoveries and happiness ahead of you!

Julie said...

Congrats!!

Sarah Huffman said...

you must be very excited! i've still got a year before i'm there so i'm very jealous! congratulations!!

Ashley said...

WOW my finish line was 3 years ago and I can honestly say these last three years have taught me so much. Enjoy this weekend, soak it up! Although I haven't entered the Mrs. phase just yet I believe many of our experiences in this REAL WORLD will be parallel! Love ya and ready for your big day! Congratulations! WHOOP! :)

Kenzie Shores Photography said...

congratulations! I know the feeling, after almost 6 years of college, I had finally figured out what to do in life (photography) and graduated this past June. I can't believe it's over, wow. Sometimes, I just want to go back, but then I remember those crazy nights of panic and studying. lol
kz

.E. said...

Congratulations.. thats quite an accomplishment.. how exciting.. Yeah for you... and I cant wait to read all about your new lifes journies

Angela Fielding said...

Congratulations Rachel! Life just gets better and better! It's definetly better when you have someone to share all those moments with.