Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Homebody

I've got to get a job.

I've always considered myself a homebody, but with my husband gone to law school all day, the company of a cat and dog is just not quite enough. I can't wait to get to the point where I do photography full-time. But since I started my business when I was in college, had another job, and traveled every weekend to see Matt, I've never had the chance to pursue it full-fledged.

Here are the potential job ideas (other than photography)
1. An editor
2. Temp at some company
3. nanny?? I do love kids!
4. Office Manager of a photography company/Assistant

Any help??

Here are some pictures from a session I did awhile ago. More current ones to come once I get my computer moved in.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

Hey there Homebody :),

I temped with an agency called Venturi....the pay was decent...its great if you can get a maternity leave, because it is at least 6-8 weeks of the same job.

You would be a great Nanny. My only regard is that most moms want to keep their nanny's around for a while, and if you decide to do photo full-time, your heart may be torn in leaving:)

Here are a couple Houston photo places you might try.

Wades photography and video...N. houston off of 1960. They shoot a lot of schools and stuff, so they might need an assistant.

kandcphotography, they are exclusively weddings, and might let you work part-time??

Its always worth a try:)

-Lauren

Rachel Brooke said...

Thank you Lauren! I wish I could give you some of the cookies I just baked...you earned one :) I really appreciate the advice.

Kenzie Shores Photography said...

love the new look by the way! :) How about an editor, sounds like fun!
kz

Julie said...

You are going to have to give me some tips on making my blog look all pretty. I just love yours! And you have such an eye for posing people. The pics look great!

THE PARSONS said...

rachel, congrats! you were an absolutely stunning bride! how exciting for you guys!!!

~Desiree said...

That pool one is awesome! Love the look of your blog header too! If you were close, you could be a nanny for my kids! HAHAHA (Seriously that is not a fun job, RUN....Just kidding.)

.E. said...

I am no good at job suggestions I say follow your heart in that area... if you love something try to find a job in that industry.

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

I think it would be so much fun to be an editor...

I really love the first photo! :)

Gerald & Airika said...

I love the idea of being an editor too! But, I think you've got a full-time photography future ahead. Stick to it! :) Airika