Monday, January 14, 2008

"Mahalo"

"Mahalo" is Thank You in Hawaiian. I've been writing a thousand thank you notes for wedding gifts. I took this task upon myself because let's face it, here's what a guy's thank you note would look like:

Dear _____,
Thank you for it.

Love,
unemotional boy

Of course mine are filled with different adjectives to express gratitude, specific notes about HOW we are going to use the gift cards, etc. Lets just say it took me 4 hours to write 35 after the bridal shower.

On my breaks, I'm editing pictures from Hawaii....

Photobucket

Two old ladies told Matt to take his shirt off for this shot. Those lustful old bones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had my back to the shore for this upclose shot....and I got TOTALLY drenched! My camera no longer works. Stupid interesting barnacles & shells cost me a fortune.

Photobucket

The mailboxes of a small village alongside the road to Hana.

Photobucket

Our new rings!!

Photobucket


10 comments:

Kristin said...

LOVIN the pictures, please post more! Hope married life is great, call me sometime to catch up- we will have news on the 24th!

Matt said...

My girl is looking HOT in that picture!!! OW OW OW! ;) Im so blessed to have a loving and talented wife like you Rach. I'm pretty psyched about this whole coming home to you every night thing... sure beats our travel weekends! xoxo

Anonymous said...

These are great! What a fabulous vacation! I think we should all move! hahaha.

Kenzie Shores Photography said...

that was fun!

.E. said...

Ok two questions.. one.. Why are their Penguins in Hawaii?????? two.. was that a live volcano? was that fire coming out the top..

Wow Girl.. you guys look like such a fun couple.. I love all these shots looks like you had a wonderful wonderful honeymoon.. makes me wish my husband and I went on one when we got married.. sigh.. and Matt.. way to go on the note you left here for your wife.. very cool.

e

Rachel Brooke said...

1- yes, there were hot weathered penguins in our hotel!

2- i wish i could say yes, but sadly it is only the flash on my camera (it was taken through a window.)

3- It is time for you and your man to have a honeymoon! Grab a good babysitter and you guys take the week off. You deserve it!

Kara Pennington Photography said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!

Julie said...

Gorgeous pics Rachel! Looks like you two had fun.

Leah said...

love the shot of the mailboxes, very fun!

Unknown said...

Okay, I know this is a really old post, but I must say, your take on boy thank-you notes is right on. I actually had to write a template for Jack to use because he "just couldn't think of anything to say!" Really?

And I loved your pictures long ago when I saw them for the first time, and love them still. Now they remind me of MY honeymoon, which was also in Hawaii! The Road to Hana was our favorite!!!