Friday, February 29, 2008

Add a +1 to the Family

Photobucket
I have the fever.... the kind that drives my husband NUTS.... puppy fever!!!

In my heart I feel that the Stricklin's are one mut short. I love little Marlie to pieces, but there's something inside me that says...."there's more to come." With big watery eyes I begged Matt to take me to the pound today so we could rescue our new pup, but he was like a stone. A rugged, cold, stubborn stone. In time, I will smooth out those edges and convince him though. At least that's what I tell myself.

The next dog will be BIG. I've always grown up around big dogs (we've had 5!). Since I now feel that God is leading me to pursue photography full time, I'm alone by myself a lot during the day... I want some more company and protection around here!

8 comments:

Melissa Koehler said...

Awww! I will be pulling for ya Rachel! :)

kymberli q. said...

I was soooo happy when you said "the pound". I volunteer every Saturday at a no-kill shelter and we have sooooo many great dogs that need loving homes. I know your dog is at one of them waiting for you! :)

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

I'm going to be posting pics of the great dane that was at my house all week. He is just cool. Those dogs are so calm and sweet. My lab just tramples all over him:)

If we weren't renting a house, we would probably have more dogs too:)

Brandon said...

What is it with you girls and puppies?! Stand strong Matt. haha

Julie said...

Aw, I feel ya. If I thought we could fit another pup in our bed we'd have another dog too!

Anonymous said...

THINK ABOUT HOW BIG THOSE POOP PILSS ARE! WAIT TILL YOU MOVE TO THE COUNTRY-------SOMEONE IN TYLER

Rachel Brooke said...

Mom and Dad, I know that was you!! You think you're reallll sneaky with your "anonymous."

Did Matt pay you to say that?
Man, he's good.

.E. said...

follow your heart..if your heart says big dog and pursing photography career.. go for it..

we have 2 dogs 2 cats 3 fish sometimes some mice that sneak through the cracks of our 200 year old home..not to mention the,4 kids.. trust me on this one more dog will make no difference.